Kindergarten Flu Plan
1. Read with an adult for 15 minutes.
2. Read to yourself for 15 minutes.
3. Create a picture collage with magazines/ newspapers- match beginning letters with pictures.
4. Practice matching upper case letters with lower case letters. (Using Letter Cards)
5. Choose a letter from the letter cards and create a list of words that begin with the letter. You may use pictures and words. Choose a new letter each day.
6. Make a penny store with price tags. Use the pennies to buy items.
7. Shape Hunt- Find shapes around the house. Example... a can is a cylinder!
8. Draw a picture and label it or write a sentence for it or write a story about it.
9. Practice printing:
a. First and last name
b. Letters- upper and lower case
10. Go on a nature walk:
a. Collect things from nature
b. Write observations
11. Practice learning address and telephone number.
12. Make puppets, create a story and put on a puppet show.
13. Read your “Book in the Bag” and draw a picture of your favorite part or favorite character.
14. Review your sight word list.