2019-20 Approved Budget
On Tuesday, May 21, Valley Central School District residents approved a $106,822,000 budget for 2019-20 that increases spending by 2.69%, with a 1.05% tax levy increase and is below the tax levy cap.
Voters also approved:
- Establishment of a Capital Reserve Fund: Voters passed a proposition to establish a Capital Reserve Fund with a limit of $10,000,000. The district fund was established with a $0 balance.
- Three seats on the board of education: Voters re-elected one incumbent and two new candidates to fill three seats on the Valley Central School District Board of Education. The elected members, in the order they appeared on the ballot, are Sarah Messing, Arthur Fitzgerald, and Diana Revoir.
Program Budget: $88,015,212 ($86,920,518 in 2018-19)
The Program Budget includes: The salaries and benefits of all teachers, guidance counselors, aides, monitors, psychologists, nurses, social workers and speech therapists. Also included are the costs associated with all the instruction and extra-curricular programs.
Capital Budget: $9,987,362 ($8,621,450 in 2018-19)
The Capital Budget includes: Debt service on buildings; bus purchases; tax certiorari and court-ordered costs; and operations and maintenance costs including custodial staff.
Administrative Budget: $8,819,426 ($8,481,325 in 2018-19)
The Administrative Budget includes: The salaries and benefits of all professional members who spend 50 percent or more of their time in administration and supervision. Also included are:
- clerical staff;
- public information;
- curriculum development and supervision;
- research, planning and evaluation;
- legal services; and
- school board-related costs.