Valley Central Middle School will start 7th and 8th grade students attending 5 Days a week starting on WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2021.
Social Distancing for Cohorted Groups (Grade Levels):
Rules currently are:
● 6 ft. for lunch, PE and music (singing, playing instrument)
● 3 ft. for instructional classes (cohort)
● Masks are required (except when eating or official mask breaks)
Entrance Door for 6th graders:
In order to maintain social distancing, we are having all 6th graders enter through the front entrance doors closest to the cafeteria rather than the main office entrance doors each morning. Signs posted.
Entrance doors for 7th & 8th graders:
Continue to enter the building at the main office entrance doors. Signs posted.
Busing and Block Numbers for Students (this procedure has not changed):
Updated lists have been provided to teachers to assist students with locating their bus. We do not have many bus changes and if so, parents were notified. If a student is new to the building and/or transportation, classroom teachers can assist them. Students will be dismissed by grade and team in order to provide for social distancing as students exit the building and board the buses.
Morning Drop-Off (this procedure has not changed):
Please start lining up in the middle lane of the complex on the right hand side of the lane adjacent to the High School. Please note there will be much more traffic as a result of more students returning to school; please be patient.
Breakfast: Students can no longer eat breakfast in the classroom. Students who want to eat breakfast should report to the following assigned areas:
● Grade 6 – Cafeteria
● Grade 7 & Grade 8 – Gymnasium
The custodians will continue to clean the used laminated mats from the day prior and place them in every first period class. Students will take the desk cover with them to each period of the day. At the end of the day, students will deposit them in bins located at the exit doors.
Bells & Class Dismissal Schedule (this procedure has not changed):
In order to limit the number of students in the hallways this year, we have been staggering classroom dismissal times as well as dismissal at the end of the
school day. We will continue to practice this as more students return as well as no bells ringing.
Staggered Class Dismissal Schedule for Staff & Students
Lunch Rooms: In order to accommodate the 6 ft. social distance requirements for eating. We will be using the cafeteria, gymnasium and some classrooms in order to follow the guideline. In order to assist with the new quarantine rules the following will be implemented:
● All Students will be assigned a lunch area with assigned seating (assigned seating required to adhere to the less stringent quarantine rules)
● Each grade level will eat the same period
○ 6th Grade- period 5; starting Wednesday, May 5 the 4th period lunch will be dissolved and all 6th graders will resume eating lunch the same period
○ 7th Grade – period 6
○ 8th grade- period 7
Day Rotation: The entire Middle School will resume a regular every other day rotation of A/B Days starting on May 5.
- Monday, May 3- A Day
- Tuesday, May 4- A Day
- Wednesday, May 5- A Day (in order to remain insync with the High School rotation)
- Thursday, May 6 – B Day
- Friday, May 7 – A Day
- Every other day rotation will continue until the end of the school year