Welcome to the Valley Central School District’s 2019-2020 Transportation!
Your route information will be send via postcard in the next couple of weeks.
In effort to make this a pleasant and safe ride for your child, below is a reminder a few policies and procedures to follow:
- It is important for the Valley Central School District to know the whereabouts of every child within our care, therefore, students will only be permitted on the bus they are assigned unless they have a bus pass that can be obtained from their school’s main office.
- The pickup and dropoff times allow for a ten (10) minute window. Students should be outside waiting the arrival of the bus at least five (5) minutes prior to their scheduled time. Students should not be waiting inside their homes. No driver, under any circumstances, is allowed to blow horns or wait.
- Parents or guardians must be at the stop waiting the arrival of Kindergarten through 2nd Grade and Special Needs students. If a parent is not present, students will be brought back to their school. If a parent or guardian is not planning to be present to receive their child, the Transportation Department must be notified with the name of the authorized person who will receive the child.
- Only the Valley Central School District has the right to add or change bus stops. Bus drivers are not authorized to do so.
- If your child is assigned to a van and will not need transportation on a particular day, please contact Orange County Transit at 845-244-8660.
- No one is permitted to “run down” a bus. If your child misses the bus at their stop, they may not board the bus at a different stop.
- Students are expected to display safe and positive behavior at all times while on the bus.
RIDING THE SCHOOL BUS IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT!