2017-2018 MembersSheila Schwartz, Board MemberPeter SullivanBrad Conklin, Board MemberMel Wesenberg, Board Member
Kelly Ann KellyKaran Vanderley
MissionThe Board of Education of the Valley Central School District has established an audit committee (“Audit Committee”) to provide independent assistance to the Board in the oversight of the following matters:
- Assist the Board in providing oversight of the internal and external audit functions, including the appointment of the internal and external auditors.
- Oversee the competitive Request for Proposal Process (RFP) used to solicit quotations for the District's annual external audit.
- Review the scope, plan and coordination of the external audit.
- Review corrective action plans and necessary improvement based on audit findings and recommendations received from external and internal auditors.
- Provide a communications link between the
external and internal auditors and the Board.
Meeting ScheduleAll meetings will take place at 6:30 p.m. in the Administration Building unless otherwise specified.
Sept. 28, 2017 Claims Auditor Review, External Audit Report and Response to the Audit, Set Scope for the Internal Audit Oct. 10, 2017 External Audit Presented to/Accepted by the BOE Nov. 9, 2017 Review Claims Auditor’s Report and Meet with Internal Auditors to Set the Focus Jan.11, 2018 Review Internal Audit Report and Response to the Audit (Internal Auditors must have Draft to Business Office by January 4, 2018) May 10, 2018 Review Claims Audior's Report and Preliminary Meeting with External Auditor