2018-2019 MembersPeter SullivanMel Wesenberg, Board Member
Kelly Ann Kelly
MissionThe Board of Education of the Valley Central School District has established an audit committee (“Audit Committee”) to provide independent assistance to the Board in the oversight of the following matters:
- Assist the Board in providing oversight of the internal and external audit functions, including the appointment of the internal and external auditors.
- Oversee the competitive Request for Proposal Process (RFP) used to solicit quotations for the District's annual external audit.
- Review the scope, plan and coordination of the external audit.
- Review corrective action plans and necessary improvement based on audit findings and recommendations received from external and internal auditors.
- Provide a communications link between the external and internal auditors and the Board.
Meeting ScheduleAll meetings will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building unless otherwise specified.The next Audit Committee Meeting scheduled for January 22, 2019 at 5:30pm in the Administration Building has been rescheduled for February 21, 2019 at 5:30pm.
File July 23, 2018 Meeting with the Claims Auditor September 24, 2018 Review External Audit Report and Response To the Audit; Set Scope for the Internal Audit October 1, 2018 Special Meeting October 15, 2018 External Audit Presented to/Accepted by the BOE
November 13, 2018
Re-scheduled for December 10, 2018 December 19, 2018
Review Claims Auditor’s Report and Meet with Internal Auditors to Set the Focus
January 22, 2019
Re-Scheduled for February 21, 2019
Review Internal Audit Report and Response to the Audit May 13, 2019 Review Claims Auditor’s Report and Preliminary Meeting with External Auditor