2019-2020 MembersSarah MessingArt FitzgeraldSheila SchwartzJohn RevellaThomas JonesKelly Ann KellyPeter Sullivan
MissionThe Board of Education of the Valley Central School District has established an audit committee (“Audit Committee”) to provide independent assistance to the Board in the oversight of the following matters:
- Assist the Board in providing oversight of the internal and external audit functions, including the appointment of the internal and external auditors.
- Oversee the competitive Request for Proposal Process (RFP) used to solicit quotations for the District's annual external audit.
- Review the scope, plan and coordination of the external audit.
- Review corrective action plans and necessary improvement based on audit findings and recommendations received from external and internal auditors.
- Provide a communications link between the external and internal auditors and the Board.
Meeting ScheduleAll meetings will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building unless otherwise specified.November 12, 2019 (to be rescheduled) Review Claims Auditors' Report and Meet with Internal Auditors to Set the FocusJanuary 13, 2020 Review Internal Audit Report and Response to the AuditApril 20, 2020 Review Claims Auditors' ReportsMay 11, 2020 Preliminary Meeting with External Auditor