VALLEY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
944 State Route 17K, Montgomery, NY 12549
Dear Parents and Guardians of Valley Central School District:
New York State Education Law, Section 409-H, effective July 1, 2001, requires all public and nonpublic elementary and secondary schools to provide written notification yearly to faculty, staff, and persons in parental relation regarding the potential use of pesticides throughout the school. Please be assured that we are committed to keeping the use of pesticides to a minimum.
The Valley Central School District is required to maintain a list of all faculty, staff, and persons in parental relation who wish to receive 48-hour notification of certain pesticide applications. The following pesticide applications and specified conditions are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- The school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72-hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides in tamper-resistant bait stations in areas inaccessible to children; silica gels and other nonvolatile ready-to-us pastes, foams, or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designate biopesticides;
- The application of EPA designated exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps, and hornets.
In the event of an emergency application necessary to protect against an imminent threat to human health, a good faith effort will be made to provide written notification to those on the 48-hour prior notification list.
If you would like to receive 48-hour prior notification of pesticide applications that are scheduled to occur in your (child’s) school, please complete the form below and return it to: Director of Buildings and Grounds, 15 Middleschool Lane, Montgomery, NY 12549.
Valley Central School District
REQUEST FOR PESTICIDE APPLICATION NOTIFICATION
Check where applicable:
_____ALC _____Berea Elementary _____East Coldenham _____Montgomery Elementary _____Walden Elementary ______Middle School
Name: _________________________________________________________ School Year:_________________
Home Phone Number: ____________________________ Work Phone Number: ________________________
Email address: ______________________________________________________________________________