The following documents are required to register a student into the Valley Central School District:

    1. Proof of Residency

    • All new students entering the Valley Central School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency. The documents provided must always state the student’s physical address (that is, where the student rests his or her head each night.) A post office box is never an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. Please see Residency Requirements to determine what documents you will need to register your child.

    2. Birth Certificate

    • Proof of age is required at the time of registration.
    • An original birth certificate with a raised seal is preferred. If you do not have an original birth certificate, we will accept your child’s original baptismal certificate with a raised seal or a valid passport. If none of these are available, other documents may be considered.

    3. Health Records 

    • An Immunization Record must be provided. This must be signed by a licensed health care provider.
    • A Physical Exam is required within 15 days of registration for all new students.
    • A Dental Certificate is requested of all new students.
    • These documents may be faxed to the Registrar at (845) 457-3265 directly from the physician’s or dentist's office for your convenience. Medical/Dental forms are part of each complete registration packet, and can also be downloaded from this site individually.

    4. School Records

    • Transcript (Required of all high school students, report card recommended for all other grade levels.)
    • Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP) if applicable.

    5. Special Circumstances

    • If you are not the natural parent but have legal guardianship of the student, please provide us with the appropriate documents.
    • If there are any other special circumstances such as name change, custody agreement, etc., please bring those documents with you also.