All new students entering the Valley Central School District must provide the proper documentation to establish residency. The documents provided must always state the student’s physical address (that is, where the student rests his or her head each night.) A post office box is never an acceptable address for the purpose of determining residency. 

    Please carefully read the section below that pertains to your situation to determine what documents are required: 

    • IF YOU ARE A HOMEOWNER, please provide (1) either a copy of your most recently paid tax bill or mortgage statement, and (2) a recent utility bill. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student being registered. *If you have just recently closed on a new home, please provide (1) your Settlement/Closing Statement or the Certificate of Occupancy or Deed, and (2) a homeowner’s insurance policy or utility hook-up receipt. 
    • IF YOU ARE A RENTER, please supply (1) your signed lease agreement with the term listed, and (2) a current cable, electric or fuel delivery bill, or utility hook-up receipt.
    • IF YOU RENT WITHOUT A LEASE, (on a month to month basis) the following should be provided: (1) a notarized letter from the landlord (a blank form will be provided) and (2) a current cable, electric or fuel delivery bill, or utility hook-up receipt. If your utilities are included in the rent, additional documents (see list below) may be provided for consideration to establish residency.
    • IF YOU LIVE WITH A DISTRICT RESIDENT, (ex: parent, grandparent, friend) and do not pay rent, please complete a set of signed and notarized affidavits, which will be provided. The affidavits must be completed as follows: The first is to be signed by the district resident, who must also provide proof of residency as stated above. The second is to be signed by the parent or legal guardian of the registering student, who will also need to provide additional documents from the non-exhaustive list below to establish residency. Please note: an official Postal Address Change confirmation is requested within 10 business days of moving into the District. 
      Electric Bill

      Cable or Direct TV Bill
      Telephone Record
      Health Care Benefits Statement
      Driver's License (newly issued only!)
      Furniture/Appliance Delivery Receipt
      Moving Company Delivery Receipt
      Official Postal Address Change Form
      Auto Insurance Card

      Payroll Record
      Motor Vehicle Registration
      Bank Statement
      DSS Verification 
      Income Tax Return
      Voter Registration
      Cellular Phone Bill
    • Please note: when a currently enrolled student has a change of address, or transfers within the school district, residency MUST be verified again. There will be NO exceptions. All mail will be sent to the previous address, and transportation will not be arranged until proper proof of residency is obtained.
    • Documents may be faxed directly to the Registrar at (845) 457-3256
    • If you have any questions regarding proof of residency, please contact
    • Janine Maridou, Central Registrar, at (845) 457-2400, ext. 18130.