It is with great pleasure that we announce our plans for the Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2021. The following details are based on the most recent COVID 19 restrictions for schools, set forth by New York State and the Orange County Department of Health. Please note, if we receive revised guidance that would allow us to hold a more traditional VC ceremony, we will reach out immediately,
The Class of 2021 Commencement will be broken into two ceremonies on Saturday, June 26, 2021 on our Football field. The first ceremony will be at 10:00 AM and the second will follow at 1:00 PM. Each ceremony will include approximately 180 students. Each student will be permitted to invite 2 guests. The number of guests allotted for each student will be changed accordingly if guidelines permit.
We realize the importance of students wanting to graduate alongside their friends and classmates. Therefore, in the next week or so, we will be sending out a Pick A Time scheduler link to choose which session your child would like to attend. This link will be sent via email on June 1, 2021 and will close on June 4, 2021. Please keep in mind, this will be on a first come first serve basis. We will try our best to accommodate requests, however due to the limited number of students who can attend each session, this is not guaranteed.
Below you will find a timeline of events we will have in the coming weeks for the Class of 2021. It is extremely important that you read everything thoroughly and arrive at these events on time. In addition, we have included information regarding dress code and the mandatory Graduation rehearsal on Friday, June 25, 2021. Times for rehearsal are listed below. We will have two separate rehearsals for each ceremony, and it is mandatory that each senior participate in this rehearsal. We ask for your cooperation in seeing that your child does not schedule any activity to conflict with this date. In the event your child requires a special request, please fill out the following survey Graduation Special Request Form. This survey can also be found on our webpage listed under Graduation Information.
We are looking forward to celebrating all the graduates of the Class of 2021. Thank you in advance for your cooperation with these details, and we will update you accordingly on any changes. On behalf of the entire faculty and staff of Valley Central High School, we are looking forward to seeing you on June 26.
Important Dates for the Class of 2021
June 7, 2021- Math Honor Society Induction-7:00pm
June 9, 2021- Virtual Moving Up Day
June 11, 2021- NART Sidewalk Chalk Festival-During School Day
June 11 and 12, 2021- Yearbook Distribution-4:00pm to 7:00pm and 9:00am to 12:00pm
June 15, 2021- Senior Awards Night-6:30pm on the football field
June 17, 2021-Class of 2021 Top 25 Event-TBD
June 18, 2021- Athletic Awards Night
June 21, 2021-Celebration Lane – 3:30pm to 8:30pm
June 25, 2021- Graduation Rehearsal
• 10:00 AM Ceremony: 8:00am to 11:30am
. 1:00 PM Ceremony: 12:00pm to 3:30pm
June 26, 2021-Class of 2021 Commencement- 10:00am and 1:00pm
Graduation Dress Code
We are extremely proud of our Valley Central Graduation Ceremony. It is a formal event steeped in tradition and is regarded as one of the most beautiful high school commencements in the state of New York. In an effort to keep you informed and give you enough notice to find the necessary components; we have listed below the dress code regulations that are required of each student.
Proper dress for Graduates at commencement:
1. Wear black or navy pants No khakis or blue jeans!
2. Only white collared button down shirts.
3. All must have and wear a dark tie (no bow ties).
4. Black shoes and dark socks (no boat shoes or sneakers).
5. Hair is to be trimmed, so as to easily accommodate the cap.
6. No jewelry other than watches, rings and stud earrings. (No hoops, necklaces or dangly jewelry.) Any facial jewelry must be either removed, nude or clear in color. Hoops or anything that dangles is prohibited.
1. Solid black or navy closed toed shoes (No sandals). Beware: Narrow heels will sink in the grass.
2. Girls must wear a semi-formal attire; dress pants, dress, or skirt (No jeans, shorts, or cut-offs)
3. No jewelry other than watches, rings and stud earrings. (No hoops, ankle bracelets, necklaces or dangly jewelry). Any facial jewelry must be either removed, nude or clear in color. Hoops or anything that dangles is prohibited.
4. Hair must be such as to easily accommodate the cap.
5. The neckline of the dress should not show above the collar of the gown.
6. No corsages…pin-on or wrist.
7. Hemlines should not exceed that of the gown.
*If these rules are not followed you will be sent home to change or will not be allowed to walk.*