Underclassman Information (Students Grades 9-11)
Legacy Studios will be taking underclassmen portraits on Monday, September 21st through Friday, September 25th. Students will have their pictures taken in the gymnasium during Physical Education classes.
Order forms will be distributed through English classes. A digital copy of the form will also be available on the district Facebook page. (Please note the change in dates from those stated on the order form.)
Pictures can also be ordered by going directly to the studio’s website at LegacyStudios.com. Students’ pictures will be taken on the following days:
Team One / A Day : Monday, September 21st
Team Two / A Day : Tuesday, September 22nd
Team One / B Day : Thursday, September 23rd
Team Two / B Day : Friday, September 25th
Because students and photographers must be given 6 feet of distance at all times, the following steps will be followed to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Students will stand on a distanced line waiting to have their photos taken.
- Each student will be given a unique QR code printed on a piece of paper that will also include their name, student ID number, and ordering number for the studio. When it is your student’s turn to have his/her picture taken, the QR code will be placed on a table, and the student will step back to stand in the marked photo area. If choosing to use an order form, it must be placed in the designated box for order forms.
- The photographer will then scan the code to load the personalized information into the camera. Once the photographer returns to his/her distanced position, the student may remove his/her mask for the picture.
- When the picture has been taken, the student should replace his/her mask and then get the QR code from the table before continuing on to PE class for the day.
- It is very important that students do not lose the QR codes as this is the information that will be needed to check their proofs and/or order photos from the website.
Virtual students will also have an opportunity to have their pictures taken on Saturday, September 26th. Specific information about this event will be distributed to virtual students only, but the same procedures will be followed. Re-take dates are currently scheduled in October. More information on those photo opportunities will be announced closer to the date(s).
Should you have any questions, please contact Legacy Studios Customer Service at (716)512-6336 or email the Yearbook Adviser, Ms. Kelleher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class of 2021 Senior Portraits
Legacy Studios will be returning for senior portrait sessions this fall with scheduling options for both daytime and evening hours. Portraits may be scheduled for the following dates and times: Tuesday, October 13th, Thursday, October 15th, and Friday October 16th from 3pm to 7pm AND Wednesday, October 15th from 8am to 4pm.
Portrait sessions were already held in the auditorium over the summer, and they were a great success. This would not be possible without the cooperation of our dedicated parents and the professional photography team at Legacy Studios, as well as the multiple safety measures set in place. Please be mindful of these guidelines when scheduling your appointment.
- Because photographers must be given 6 feet of distance at all times, students MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. It will be the parent’s responsibility to help arrange clothing, hair, etc. since the photographer will not have any contact with the student. Should a parent/guardian be unable to attend a portrait session due to extenuating circumstances, a responsible adult relative or friend may accompany the student. However, the parent/guardian must FIRST email Ms. Kelleher (email@example.com) for approval prior to the appointment. If these steps are not followed, the student will not be able to sit for his/her portrait session.
- While jackets and drapes are shared, students must wear their own white dress shirts and tank tops underneath studio props to minimize contact. Parent helpers must also, upon removal of studio prop, sanitize the item with studio-provided disinfectant, which meets all CDC guidelines.
- Students will not be allowed entry into the school without an adult. Both students and parents must wear masks at all times, except when being photographed.
- Traditional portrait dress code still applies. Please remove all face piercings. No theatrical or distracting face makeup will be allowed.
- While on school property, please do not gather. Respect others’ privacy, and leave the school building as soon as your session has finished.
- Due to the current pandemic, if choosing NOT to wear the provided tuxedo jacket and drape, students must wear comparable items of their own choice. In place of the tuxedo, please wear a dark (black or navy) suit jacket over a white shirt with a dark tie. If replacing the drape, please wear a dark blouse or dress. No strapless tops or dresses.
Go online to schedule your appointment (https://legacystudios.com/ or the VC direct link https://seniors.legacystudios.com/valley-central-high-school-montgomery-ny/ Or call (716) 512-6336.