We realize that even with the opportunity for students to gather belongings in March, some items have been left behind. Likewise, students have textbooks, school uniforms and other items to return to the school. As a result, Valley Central High School and Middle School are coordinating student drop off of school items and student pick up of personal items from June 1 through June 4 from 9AM-1PM.
In order to maintain safety and manage the exchange of materials, we are asking families to adhere to the following schedule by date and by last name. This will allow us to maintain manageable numbers, inventory returns and ensure that all community members remain in their cars. If you have extenuating circumstances and can not attend your assigned date, please email Mr. Rodriguez (email@example.com), Assistant Principal, to assist you further.
June 1 9AM-1PM Students whose names end: A-E
June 2 9AM-1PM Students whose names end: F-L
June 3 9AM-1PM Students whose names end: M-R
June 4 9AM-1PM Students whose names end: S-Z
What you need to know about drop off and pick up of items:
- Cars must enter through the Middle School entrance; HS pick up (art wing doors) and drop off (back gym) of items will take place in the back of the building; traffic will be directed there.
- If you have both HS and MS items, pick the MS lane or the HS lane, drop off the respective items, and then you will be redirected to the second lane to do the same.
- All must remain in their cars, no one will be allowed in the building.
- ONLY SENIORS need to return chromebooks and chargers, all underclassmen can keep them through the summer. Senior classroom projects will also be available for pick up.
- Underclassmen locks will be stored at school and returned in the fall. Seniors if you would like to donate your school lock please do so by completing this quick survey prior to May 31 – Lock Donation Survey.
- If students shared their lockers, we are not responsible for any misplaced, lost, stolen or damaged items. The student assigned to the locker will claim the belongings contained therein.
- Student medication pick up will also be available at this time. Parent/guardian must be present to pick up medication.
- If a student would like to recover items left in the gym and/or pool locker rooms, they MUST complete this survey by May 26, 2020 – Gym/Pool Locker Clean Out Survey.
- If you have a blended family with different last names, please pick one of the assigned alphabet ranges that apply and bring ALL family member’s items at that time.
- Students should review and utilize this helpful checklist prior to your scheduled time – Student Checklist.
- If anyone in your family is ill or has a fever, please do not report to the school at this time. We will work with you to ensure items are returned at a later date.
Questions or Concerns? firstname.lastname@example.org
Since the Governor announced the closure of New York State Schools for the duration of the 2019-20 school year, we have been working diligently on delivering instruction, organizing end of the year celebrations and determining how to safely close out the school year for both students and staff given the guidelines provided by the Federal, State and local governments. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we maneuver through these unprecedented times.