Return to Headlines
Dec. 17, 2015 - The Valley Central PTA Council is now accepting nominations for the R.I.G.H.T. award
Please nominate a student who you believe deserves recognition.
Nomination forms are available at Central office: Valley Central School District, 944 State Route 17K, Montgomery, NY 12549 and are due no later than 3:00 PM on Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015.
VALLEY CENTRAL PTA COUNCIL
The R.I.G.H.T. Award is sponsored by the Valley Central PTA Council. This award is dedicated to acknowledging the youth of the Valley Central School District who have demonstrated an exceptional contribution within our community. It is the goal of the Valley Central PTA Council to foster the belief that "good kids" are deserving of recognition. It is our hope that the positive deeds of our youth will serve to enhance the quality and integrity of our entire community.
R - Role Model
I - Initiative
G - Goals
H - Helpfulness
T - To make difference in the community.
R.I.G.H.T. Award Criteria
The criterion for eligibility for the R.I.G.H.T. Award is as follows:
• Nominee should present his/herself as a positive role model.
• Nominee should have taken his/her own initiative in the accomplishment.
• Nominee's endeavor should reflect a worthwhile goal within the community.
• Nominee's endeavor should be in some way helpful to others.
• Nominee's endeavor should have made a difference in the community.
In addition, the following eligibility requirements must also be met:
1. The nominee must presently be a student in grades K-12 and attend one of the following schools that make up the Valley Central School District: Berea, East Coldenham, Maybrook, Montgomery or Walden Elementary, Valley Central Middle School, Valley Central High School, Most Precious Blood or Harmony Christian School.
2. The nominee must live within the Valley Central School district.
3. The nomination form must be completely filled out.
A public ceremony will be held on Thursday, March 3rd at 7:00 P.M. in the Valley Central Middle School to honor recipients of the R.I.G.H.T. Award.
Snow date will be Thursday, March 10th.