Return to Headlines
Nov. 18, 2016 - Board seeks applicants for audit committee
The Valley Central School District Board of Education invites non-employee applications for one (1) opening on the District’s Audit Committee.
The Audit Committee provides independent assistance to the Board in the oversight of the following matters:
- Assist the Board in providing versight of the internal and external audit functions, including the appointment of the internal and external auditors.
- Oversee the competitive Request for Proposal Process (RFP) used to solicit quotations for the District's annual external audit.
- Review the scope, plan and coordination of the external audit.
- Review corrective action plans and necessary improvement based on audit findings and recommendations received from external and internal auditors.
- Provide a communications link between the external and internal auditors and the Board.
Candidates may not be related to anyone working for or contracted with the District. The position will continue until the next reorganizational meeting in July 2017. Interviews will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 5, 2017. Interested candidates should submit the following by 3:00 p.m. Friday, December 23, 2016.
• Letter of interest indicating why you want to become a member of the Committee; and
why you should be selected;
• Biographical sketch
Interested parties may request an information sheet from Reneé Simerson, District Clerk, which
broadly outlines the duties and time commitments the Board anticipates for Committee members.
Mrs. Simerson can be reached at 845-457-2400, ext. 18123.
Mail or submit the information required to Reneé Simerson, District Clerk, Valley Central School District, 944 State Route 17K, Montgomery, NY 12549.
For more information about the Audit Committee, please visit the Audit Committee's website.