VC BOARD seek Applicants for Audit Committee
VALLEY CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD SEEKS APPLICATIONS
The Valley Central School District Board of Education invites non-employee applications for one (1) opening on the District’s Audit Committee.
Candidates may not be related to anyone working for or contracted with the District. The position will continue until the next reorganizational meeting in July 2019. Interested candidates should submit the following by 3:00 p.m. Friday, November 9, 2018.
- Letter of interest indicating why you want to become a member of the Committee; and why you should be selected;
- Biographical sketch
Some of the duties involved are:
- Assist the Board in providing oversight of the internal and external audit functions.
- Review the scope, plan, and coordination of the external audit.
- Review corrective action plans and necessary improvement based on audit findings and recommendations from external and internal auditors.
- Assist in oversight of the Internal Audit function.
- Review internal auditor’s significant recommendations and findings and monitor implementation of the recommendations.
The Committee is likely to meet quarterly and meetings might be expected to last an hour or two depending on the Agenda. With preparation and follow up, an estimate of between 2 and 4 hours per quarter is our best approximation.
Interested parties may request an information sheet from Reneé Simerson, District Clerk, which broadly outlines the duties and time commitments the Board anticipates for Committee members. Mrs. Simerson can be reached at 845-457-2400, ext. 18123.
Mail or submit the information required to Reneé Simerson, District Clerk, Valley Central School District, 944 State Route 17K, Montgomery, NY 12549.