Working Papers

Balancing school and work can be difficult. The NYS Department of Labor provides information on working papers, safety and health on the job, and filling out job applications and resumes while giving you the time to focus on your studies

Applications for Working Papers are available from the VCHS Main Office, see Ms. Horner (  When filling out your Working Papers, please follow these Instructions:
Part I

  • Part I must be signed by a Parent or Guardian
  • Be sure to have a Parent or Guardian sign Part I
    Part II
  • If you are not attending school bring in Evidence of Age.
    Part III
  • The Physical Fitness Certification MUST be signed.
  • If you have a recent physical on file with the school nurse she will sign the form OR your doctor can sign the form.
  • Your last physical must be within one year of the date of this application.
  • This certificate is not required for Newspaper Carrier permits if the applicant is qualified to participate in the school’s physical education program.
    Part IV
  •  Only students who are 16, not attending school full time, and are applying for full time employment, Pledge of Employment must be completed.