Our doors will open for students on Thursday, September 2nd for the start of the new school year. The following information provides a quick summary of this year’s procedures and expectations. However, a more comprehensive overview of what to expect for the 2021-22 school year at VCMS can be found by accessing the link below. The link will provide you with all of the information and resources students and families need to be ready!
- School supplies are being provided by the District again this year. If specific supplies are required for specialty courses, students will be notified once school starts.
- Lockers will be phased in this school year, so students will be allowed to carry backpacks. Locks are not required as they have been purchased along with the school supplies for all students.
- School day begins at 8:03AM (warning bell for first period). Students should report to their 1st period class upon arrival to the building on the first day of school.
- September 2, 3, 8 & 9 dismissal will be at 2:40PM in order to allow students to locate and load their buses. Busing information is being mailed home- if you have any questions contact Renee Merchant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a more defined pick-up traffic pattern this school year. A separate correspondence will be provided to families with details prior to the start of school.
- 6th & 7th graders will receive their Chromebooks on the first days of school.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge to students once again this year.
- Masks are required at all times indoors, except when eating; outdoors optional.
- We have a full list of extracurricular activities taking place for our students this year- check the website for information.
- Student schedules will be available on Friday, August 27 via the parent portal. Please contact guidance only if your child is missing a schedule or missing any periods in their schedule. Specific teacher and/or team requests can not be accommodated.
Please check out the link below for more detailed information on what to expect at VCMS. We hope this school year brings each of you a sense of hope and happiness as we rebuild together from the impact of the pandemic. Thank you for your continued support. Happy New Year!
6th Grade Social
September 17 at 3:00 PM- 4:45 PM
This is always a great time and opportunity for 6th graders to meet each other and the staff in a non-academic setting after school.
We look forward to working with the incoming 6th-grade class who is an amazing group of students who have met the challenges of this last school year with a positive attitude and hard work. These are great skills that will serve each of you well here at VCMS.
Transition periods in all of our lives can generate a lot of questions, excitement, some concern, and even a little anxiety. Our goal here at VCMS is to make the transition as smooth and seamless as possible.