- American Society of Civil Engineers Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered to a student who intends to enroll in a certified two-year Civil Engineering Technology program with the intent of transferring to an ABET accredited school to obtain a bachelor’s degree. Please download the application from your Naviance account for more information and to apply.
- CSEA Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered to students who will be attending college or trade school during the 2023-2024 academic year. To qualify for this scholarship, the student must have a parent or guardian who is a member of Orange County Local 836. There are 28 different CSEA units, and their members work for many Orange County towns, villages and cities and several school districts. Please download the application in Naviance to apply.
CSEA Southern Region 3 Annual Scholarship
This scholarship is being offered to students who will be attending college or trade school during the 2023-2024 academic year. To qualify for this scholarship, the student must have a parent or guardian who is a member of Orange County Local 836. There are 28 different CSEA units, and their members work for many Orange County Towns, Villages and Cities, and several School Districts. Any student who has a parent or guardian that works for NYS and is a CSEA member may fill out this application. Please download the application in Naviance to apply.
Colonel Ellis Memorial Scholarship
Applicant must demonstrate high academic achievement, a record of performance in school and community activities, and an interest in the heritage of the U.S. Please download the application from your Naviance account.
- Community Garden Club of Marlborough-on-Hudson, NY
Student applicants must be majoring in one of the following fields of study: agriculture, floral design, horticulture, landscape design, botany, forestry, wildlife science, rural and urban planning, habitat or forest ecology, environmental conservation, land management or related subjects. A high school transcript and letter of recommendation are required. Please download the application in Naviance to apply. Deadline is April 3, 2023.
- The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan – The Community Foundation of Orange & Sullivan allows high school seniors to apply for more than 125 scholarship awards online with one general application. Their scholarships range in amount from $250 to $25,000 and have a wide array of granting criteria including academic achievement, athletic ability, community service, leadership skills, strength in the face of diversity, and more! The application portal opens in January, with all applications due by mid-April. Students, please go to the foundation’s website to apply. You will need an unofficial copy of your HS transcript for this application.
- Cristin Ann Bambino Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is available to a special education student who is college bound and has worked through special challenges to complete high school and obtain acceptance to a college or university. Please download the application from your Naviance account.
- Dunkin Donuts Scholarship
Applicant must plan to enroll in a part-time or full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the Fall of 2023. Go to learnmore.scholarsapply.org/dunkinmetrony to learn more and to apply.
Ethan Allen Scholarship Program
The Ethan Allen Scholarship Program will grant a scholarship in the amount of $5,000 (to be paid out over two semesters) for the 2023-2024 school year to one graduating high school senior in the Hudson Valley region. Students who will be enrolled in a two/four-year undergraduate program, trade school, or similar higher-education program are eligible for the scholarship. To be considered for the Ethan Allen scholarship, students should complete an application and submit a quick video highlighting why they deserve the award. The application can be submitted online by visiting eaworkforce.com/scholarship.
Emily Akers Scholarship
Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of extreme financial need, academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, community service and work history (which may include family responsibilities) and essay. Application can be found in your Naviance account, under the Colleges tab, Scholarships & Money.
- Excellence in Nursing Scholarship
This is a $1500 scholarship available to a student who plans to pursue a career in nursing. To apply, please go to your Naviance account and look for the Excellence in Nursing Scholarship under the Scholarship tab.
- Gerard J. Buckenmeyer Memorial FASNY Volunteer Scholarship – Deadline 3/15/2023
This scholarship is available to Junior Firefighters, Explorers and Rams. For more information, and to apply, please go to fasny.com/scholarship.
Greystone Foundation Human Services Scholarship
Applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college, including community colleges, in a health or human services field of study, such as, but not limited to, Human Services, Nursing, Physical/Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Sociology, Education. Applicant must have completed 80 hours of volunteer or paid work in a human services-related organization in the previous twelve months. Go to greystoneprograms.org for more information and to apply.
- Hudson Valley Polonaise Society Scholarship
This scholarship is available to high school seniors of Polish descent. For more information, and to apply, please go to the Scholarships section in your Naviance account.
- Joseph Goncalves Student Humanitarian Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to a student who plans to attend college in New York State. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a record of involvement and work for a cause or organization that actively promotes social justice, equal opportunity, relief of human suffering or similar aspirations generally understood to be within the meaning of humanitarian activity. For more information, and to apply, please download the application from your Naviance account.
- Masonic War Veteran’s Beth-El Post #29 Scholarship
Applicant must be a direct descendant (child, grandchild, etc.) of an honorably discharged veteran, be an involved/member of a military-style organization (JROTC, Civil Air Patrol, New York National Guard Child and/or Youth Program) or have already enlisted or plan on enlisting in the US Armed Forces after graduation. Please download the application from your Naviance account.
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
This foundation provides scholarships to eligible children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen, Chaplains, and Religious Program Specialists. Scholarships are available for students pursuing a post-secondary education at any accredited school – whether it be a trade school, career training school, community college or four-year university. Scholarships are also available for CTE non-degree certificate programs. For more information, and to apply, go to https://www.mcsf.org/apply/.
- 2023 Mid-Hudson Ivy Foundation Collegiate Online Scholarship
Several scholarships are available.
1. Be a high school senior.
2. Reside in the Mid-Hudson Valley area.
3. Attend a high school or be engaged in an approved home school arrangement in the Mid-Hudson Valley area.
4. Must be applying to and/or accepted to an accredited 4-year or 2-year college or university.
5. Meet the minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://www.midhudsonivyfoundation.org/scholarships-closed/
Mid-Hudson Valley National Pan-Hellenic Council Scholarship:
• African American or Caribbean male or female
• Graduating high school senior
Must plan to attend an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or technical/trade school in the upcoming fall semester
• C+ (75) or better cumulative GPA
Please go to your Naviance account to apply.
- Muddy Water Players Foundation Scholarship
Successful candidates will have an interest in pursuing further education in the performance arts, experience participating in the performing arts, provide information regarding service provided to or through the performing arts (teaching, coaching, performing for charities, etc.), and will complete an interview with the Scholarship Committee in June. Additional information and application forms are available by calling (845) 325-2924 or visiting www.ctmwp.org.
Naviance Scholarship Section – There are ongoing opportunities throughout the year; available to students in all levels of high school – Naviance has various applications with various due dates. Every student at Valley Central High School is equipped with a Naviance account and has been trained on how to use it for college/career readiness. The SCHOLARSHIP section on the Naviance program is updated throughout the school year. Students can go to the “COLLEGES” tab in their account and then click on “SCHOLARSHIPS AND MONEY” and then click on “SCHOLARSHIP LIST”. If there are any questions about a particular scholarship, please see your counselor.
New York Credit Union Association Scholarship
Eligible applicants must be a member in good standing of the Hudson Valley Credit Union and be attending college for the first time in the fall of 2023. Go to https://www.hvcu.org/Personal/
Loans/Student-Loans-and-Aid/ Tuition-Assistance- Scholarships to apply.
- Orange County Municipal Planning Federation Scholarship
Candidates must be enrolled in or pursuing a full-time degree in one of the following subjects: Geography, urban, regional or community planning, urban design and/or landscape architecture; architecture; cartography/geographic information systems; civil engineering and/or surveying; environmental studies/science; public administration or a related field. Attendance at the Orange County Association of Towns and Villages meeting will be mandatory in order to accept the scholarship. Please download application from your Naviance account or get a paper copy from Mrs. DeFalco in the Guidance Office to apply.
Orange County Tavern and Restaurant Association Scholarship
Applicant must have attended the high school from which he/she will graduate for a minimum of two years. Applicant must have sound character, good grades, regular attendance, and be active in school functions. Applicant must be loyal to the principles and constitution of the United States and plan to attend training in the culinary arts/food service/restaurant-hospitality management industry. For more information, and to apply, please download the application from your Naviance account.
- Paul Jensen Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to a student who has demonstrated resourcefulness and ingenuity to overcome a puzzling obstacle they have encountered in their life, with strong consideration given to designs which utilize commonly available or repurposed items. For more information, and to apply, please download the application from your Naviance account.
- Phi Kappa Delta National SororityScholarship
The applicant is of African and or Latino descent.
The applicant is a student in Rockland or Orange County.
The applicant is a college-bound high school senior at the time of application.\
The applicant will be enrolled in either a two or four-year accredited educational institution.
The applicant must have a GPA of 88 or above to be considered for the scholarship.
The applicant agrees to have the verification form completed and submitted by the College/University Bursar’s office on or before October 1, 2023. To apply, please download the application from your Naviance account.
- Phyllis Klein Scholarship
This scholarship is available to a student who plans to pursue an education in the field of fiber arts (including majors such as textile arts, fashion design, fashion marketing) and/or fine arts or fine arts fields. Applicants must have completed at least one course in sewing, textiles, design and/or art during high school. For more information, and to apply, please download the application from your Naviance account.
- 2023 President’s Scholarship for Community Service
Scholarship Eligibility / Criteria:
A female student who is graduating from High School in 2023;
A current resident of Orange County;
Entering an accredited college or post-secondary training in the Fall of 2023 on a full-time/part-time basis;
Involved in women’s / children’s issues as a volunteer.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJZ1_XZW0GGaT6R5TA-qqMVrkqU4-bGVuY2rEdDdy1XQWVyQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
- Ray Tweed Scholarship
Student must demonstrate academic achievement and community service. Special consideration will be given to those students pursuing a career in Law Enforcement; however this is not a requirement. Please download the application from your Naviance account to apply.
- Sallye Ander Scholarship
An essay is required detailing how you have done something on your own terms, with a positive outcome. Letter of recommendation is required. To apply, please download application from your Naviance account.
- Scholarships offered for NYS students- In 2017, New York became the first state to offer free college tuition via its Excelsior Scholarship program. Even if you qualify for that form of gift aid, it won’t cover room and board. The state encourages you to visit your school’s financial aid office to learn about its Educational Opportunity Program. The Aid for Part-Time Study program could be a better fit if you’re going to school with a light course load. It offers up to $2,000 in aid. Read more about New York financial aid grants here.
- StudentScholarships.org – StudentScholarships.org
StudentScholarships.org offer fifteen scholarship programs available to New York students. More than 850 individual scholarships will be distributed through these fifteen programs. Go to StudentScholarships.org for more information and to apply. Find them at this link: studentscholarships.org
- SUNY Orange Scholarships – There are several scholarships available for students entering SUNY Orange in the fall of 2022. Go to https://sunyorange.academicworks.com/ for more information and to apply.
SUNY Orange – Bill and Mary Devitt Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to a full-time student, who is graduating from Valley Central High School. Criteria: GPA of 80 or higher and financial need. Please go to sunyorange.academicworks.com to apply.
- SUNY Orange Foundation Scholarships
The SUNY Orange Foundation has over 250 need-based and academic-based scholarship opportunities available. Apply for scholarships at sunyorange.edu/scholarships. Applications will be accepted between April 15 and July 14, 2023.
SUNY Orange – Frommer Family Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded annually to a full-time student who is graduating from Valley Central High School. Criteria: academic merit and demonstrable need. Preference will be given to a student who plans on studying Computer Technology. May also be awarded to a student who plans on studying in the academic fields of math, science or the health professions. The award is based on the recommendation by Valley Central High School. Please go to sunyorange.academicworks.com to apply.
- SchoolHouse Connection’s Youth Leadership and Scholarship Program
This scholarship is opened to students who have experienced homelessness in the last six years. Must be born on or after October 15, 2002 and plan to attend college or a trade school for the first time in 2023. For more information, and to apply, please go to: https://schoolhouseconnection.org/
- Sobo & Sobo Video Contest
Applicant must be a high school senior who will enroll in a two-year or four-year university immediately after graduating from high school. For more information, and to apply, please go to sobolaw.com/scholarship
- Valley Central High School Common Application for Local Scholarships – (available around the beginning of March). This application is separate and different from the Valley Central Scholarship Council application. This common application is used to apply to many different local area scholarships from generous donors in our community. This gives students yet another opportunity to apply to multiple scholarships. Counselors visit Senior English classrooms to instruct students on how to apply. Applications will be made available online or in the guidance office in the Spring. This is for Senior-level students only.
- Valley Central Scholarship Council – (available around the beginning of March, ). This organization has been raising scholarship monies for the students of Valley Central for over 40 years. With over $30,000 to award most years, there are multiple opportunities for students to win awards.
- VC Athletic Department Scholarship Opportunities – Please see the Athletic page for scholarship opportunities available.
Wallkill East Rotary Club Scholarship- Deadline April 1, 2023
Applicants must be residents of the Town of Wallkill or the Town of Crawford. There are several scholarships to apply to in varying amounts and various fields including healthcare, STEM, community service, and BOCES. Please download the information sheet and application in your Naviance account to apply.
- Explore options through the Federal Government- and be certain to complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You can begin working on your FAFSA as early as October 1st of your child’s senior year in high school. Begin the FAFSA application process here.
- Corporate scholarships- Your parents also should check with their employer’s human resources department for company scholarships. Additionally, you may qualify for a scholarship from your own employer, whether you work full-time or part-time. In addition to scholarships, your employer may offer tuition reimbursement for courses you take that are relevant to their business. For instance, if you are a teller at a bank, you may get reimbursed for finance classes. Tuition reimbursement is very common in grad school. The work co-op office on campus is a great resource for finding employers that are willing to chip in for the cost of attending college.
Check Your Prospective Schools– Go to their website or call the financial aid office. If you meet the qualifications, find out how to apply. Don’t assume that by applying for admission, you’re applying for scholarships. It’s often a separate process. Be aware that scholarship deadlines can be different from those set for the college admission application. In fact, some schools ask you to submit an application for scholarships prior to your application for admissions. Raising your GPA and test scores in high school will help increase your chances of earning merit aid .