All meetings begin at 7 p.m.
- President: Katie De Noyelles
- Vice President: Meg Wernau
- Vice President: Liz Russo
- Treasurer: Megan Rieber
- Recording Secretary: Marie Moore
- Corresponding Secretary: Kristen Javaheri
- Council Delegate: Karen Natrella
- Alternate Delegate: Rachael Quick
Programs and Events
- Book Fairs: Help students select and purchase books. The week-long book fair is held in the fall, winter and spring during school hours.
- Box Tops & Labels 4 Education: Volunteers needed to help collect and count BoxTops, and run the in-school class contest. Evening and during school hours.
- Fall Fundraising Sales: Help needed to sort and deliver orders to parents during Parent/Teacher Conferences in November. Evening and during school hours.
- Family Fun Nights: Held on Friday evenings throughout the year. Volunteers needed to assist with activities, snacks, set-up and clean-up. Halloween Monster Mash, Holiday Tree Lighting & Spring Fling. Evening hours.
- Founders Night: A volunteer favorite at MES. Volunteers needed at each grade level to help with practices, rehearsals, and the night of the show. The show takes place in April, with several weeks of rehearsal prior to the show. During school for grades K-1 and after school for grades 2-5. Assistance is also needed setting-up, serving and cleaning-up refreshments for Founder’s guests. During and after school hours.
- Handbag BINGO: Held on a Friday/Saturday night in November. Help is needed to organize & secure donations for the fundraiser. Help also needed on the night of the event.
- Holiday Boutiques: Held during a week in December and April. The boutiques teach children about budgeting as they enjoy shopping for everyone on their holiday list. Volunteers needed to assist the children with shopping during school hours.
- Little Vikings Bank: Help needed to assist students with depositing money into their savings accounts. During school hours.
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day Breakfasts: Held on two consecutive mornings in May and June. Volunteers needed to set-up/clean-up and greet guests for breakfast. Morning hours approx 7:30-9:15 a.m.
- 5th Grade Moving-up Day: 4th Grade parents needed to set-up and clean-up refreshments after 5th grade moving up. Also 5th Grade parents to decorate bulletin board for 5th grade students.
- Me and My Gal Bowling: Held on a Saturday evening in May. A fun evening of bowling for boys and their favorite gal at Colonial Lanes in Chester. Must be PTA member to attend.
- Me and My Guy Dance: Held on a Friday evening in March. An evening of dancing and fun for girls and their favorite guys. Must be PTA member to attend.
- Painting with your adult: Help needed to organize paint night in conjunction with the art teacher. Evening hours.
- Pick A Reading Partner (PARP): Held in of March. Our PARP program builds a reading relationship between home and school. Evening and during school hours.
- Spring Fundraising Sales: Square 1 Art: Help needed to organize and distribute personalized order forms and artwork. Discount cards: Help needed to collect and distribute orders and cards.
- Polar Express Day: Help needed to serve hot chocolate to students during school hours on a day in December.
- Reflections: This is a National PTA program that fosters a love of the arts. Participants submit original works in categories such as visual arts, photography and literature.
- Science Fair: Held on a Friday night in February. Help needed to distribute flyers and assist the teacher liaison in organizing science fair projects, create certificates for participants, and secure Mad Science/Star Lab).
- Staff Appreciation Lunch: Held on an afternoon during the last week of school after student dismissal. Help needed to coordinate food purchase/donation, delivery, and set up/clean up.
- Staff Appreciation Week: Help plan, purchase, prepare and deliver gifts to MES staff during the first week of May. Food donations are needed for the week-long snack cart.
- Talent Showcase: Takes place on a Friday evening in October with several weeks of after school rehearsals prior to the show. Assistance is needed preparing for and running the show as well as setting-up, serving and cleaning-up refreshment tables for Showcase guests. After school and evening hours.
- Student Recognition: Ceremony takes place during an evening in April. Help needed setting-up and serving ice cream after the awards.
- Yearbook: Parent photographers needed to take photos during school and PTA events for yearbook pages. Volunteers also needed to sort and deliver yearbooks in June.
Other Essential Committees
- Audit: Review previous year’s financial data and certify to its validity. Prior financial experience is desired.
- Communications: Update PTA Website and post information on our Facebook group.
- Membership: Update local membership database and distribute PTA membership cards.
- Nominating: Determine which PTA Executive Board positions will be open during the following school year and suggest who would be best suited to fill those positions based on experience and dedication.
- Picture Day: Coordinate school photos for staff and students with photographer.