The VCHS Viking Log has a long tradition of preserving the memory of each school year. The yearbook is created by a staff of students under the direction of their advisor. Students interested in working on the yearbook should contact the advisor to become part of the staff.
Each year on Moving Up Day, the VCHS Viking Log is dedicated to a staff member.
Purchase your VCHS Yearbook here: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1053880/Valley-Central-High-School/
Legacy Studios take underclassmen portraits during Physical Education classes. There is usually an assigned date and a make up date.
Order forms will be distributed through English classes. A digital copy of the form will also be available on the district Facebook page. Announcements are made about photos on the website and Facebook page.
Pictures can also be ordered by going directly to the studio’s website at LegacyStudios.com.
Should you have any questions, please contact Legacy Studios Customer Service at (716) 512-6336 or email the Yearbook Adviser, Ms. Kelleher, at email@example.com.
Legacy Studios schedule senior portrait sessions in August and during the fall. Sessions are announced on the website and Facebook page, and every senior is given the information as well.
Jackets and drapes are provided for students to wear. There is a dress code that applies to this portrait that is provided to students regarding jewelry, no face piercings are allowed nor is theatrical or distracting face makeup allowed.
Portraits are scheduled online and bought through Legacy Studios.
Senior Portraits – Class of 2022
Senior portraits on Friday, October 15th originally scheduled for the Auditorium will now be taking place in the high school BACK GYM. For appointments after the school day, in order to access the back gym, please drive behind the school via the service road located to the right of the middle school.
- Photographers will be masked at all times, but social distancing is no longer required. Students may still, however, request a no-contact sitting. If students/parents would prefer a no-contact session, students MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. It will be the adult’s responsibility to help arrange clothing, hair, etc. since the photographer will not have any contact with the student. (If a parent/guardian is not available, student may be accompanied by another responsible adult.) Students are NOT required to be accompanied by an adult (unless choosing a no-contact session).
- While jackets and drapes are shared, students must wear their own white dress shirts and tank tops underneath studio props to minimize contact.
- Traditional portrait dress code still applies. Please remove all face piercings. No theatrical or distracting face makeup will be allowed.
- In accordance with current state and federal guidelines, students (and parents) must wear masks at all times, except when being photographed.
- While on school property, please do not gather. Respect others’ privacy, and leave the school building as soon as your session has finished.
- Students/parents will be notified of any changes to regulations that may affect portrait guidelines.
The following dates are available for scheduling: Friday, October 15th, Thursday, November 18th and Friday, November 19th. Photo sessions will be held in the Auditorium. Students may schedule appointments for the afternoon or for FREE periods (Lunch, study hall) during the day.
Call Legacy Studios (716-512-6336) or go the studio’s website to schedule your appointment at https://legacystudios.com/ or https://seniors.legacystudios.com/valley-central-high-school-montgomery-ny (VC direct link).
Please contact Ms.Kelleher with any questions related to senior portraits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are given passes from their advisors to attend the photo session. Students should seek information from their advisor regarding the time and place for the photo session.
Direct Upload Link
Want to submit pictures of you and your friends to possibly be included in this year’s yearbook? Submit pictures to the Yearbook staff by using this direct link. Thanks for helping us create the story of the year! (VCHS User ID: 416875952)
Senior Parents, we have a NEW exciting opportunity for you. In place of the traditional Baby Picture Ads, the Yearbook staff will now be accepting ads from parents through Jostens.com at this link: jostensadservice.com Now parents have multiple size options for ads and are able to design the ads themselves. Parents are no longer required to submit just baby/childhood pictures of senior students. The ads can be designed with any picture(s) or message of your choice. Please limit your submissions to TWO ads per student. We are excited to see the beautiful memories that you all will share! (Deadline for this is by February 10 of the Senior year). Payment will be by PayPal (you will receive the link with the submission receipt).
This opportunity is announced in school, on the website and on our Facebook page.
Seniors and their Siblings
Advertising in the Yearbook
Advertising your company in the Valley Central High School yearbook is an excellent way to attract new clientele. Conveniently placed in the index, anyone searching for a student’s photo will also spot your ad. We appreciate your contribution to VC tradition.
Here is the link to design your ad: jostensadservice.com