The VCHS Viking Log has a long tradition of preserving the memory of each school year. The yearbook is created by a staff of students under the direction of their advisor. Students interested in working on the yearbook should contact the advisor to become part of the staff.
Each year on Moving Up Day, the VCHS Viking Log is dedicated to a staff member.
Legacy Studios take underclassmen portraits during Physical Education classes. There is usually an assigned date and a make up date.
Order forms will be distributed through English classes. A digital copy of the form will also be available on the district Facebook page. Announcements are made about photos on the website and Facebook page.
Pictures can also be ordered by going directly to the studio’s website at LegacyStudios.com.
Should you have any questions, please contact Legacy Studios Customer Service at (716) 512-6336 or email the Yearbook Adviser, Ms. Kelleher, at email@example.com.
Legacy Studios schedule senior portrait sessions in August and during the fall. Sessions are announced on the website and Facebook page, and every senior is given the information as well.
Jackets and drapes are provided for students to wear. There is a dress code that applies to this portrait that is provided to students regarding jewelry, no face piercings are allowed nor is theatrical or distracting face makeup allowed.
Portraits are scheduled online and bought through Legacy Studios.
Senior Portraits – Class of 2022
Legacy Studios will be holding senior portraits this summer with dates in July and August. The photographers will also be returning in the fall, as well. Please be mindful of these guidelines when scheduling your appointment.
- Photographers will be masked at all times, but social distancing is no longer required. Students may still, however, request a no-contact sitting. If students/parents would prefer a no-contact session, students MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. It will be the adult’s responsibility to help arrange clothing, hair, etc. since the photographer will not have any contact with the student. (If a parent/guardian is not available, student may be accompanied by another responsible adult.) Students are NOT required to be accompanied by an adult (unless choosing a no-contact session).
- While jackets and drapes are shared, students must wear their own white dress shirts and tank tops underneath studio props to minimize contact.
- Traditional portrait dress code still applies. Please remove all face piercings. No theatrical or distracting face makeup will be allowed.
- In accordance with current state and federal guidelines, students (and parents) must wear masks at all times, except when being photographed.
- While on school property, please do not gather. Respect others’ privacy, and leave the school building as soon as your session has finished.
- Students/parents will be notified of any changes to regulations that may affect portrait guidelines.
The following dates are available for scheduling: Monday, July 19th through Friday, July 23rd AND Monday, August 16th through Friday, August 20th from 9am-4pm. Photo sessions will be held in the North Cafeteria.
Call Legacy Studios (716-512-6336) or go the studio’s website to schedule your appointment at https://legacystudios.com/ or https://seniors.legacystudios.com/valley-central-high-school-montgomery-ny (VC direct link).
If you are not able to attend these dates, appointments will be available in October and November. That information will be shared with students at a later date, along with information about parent ads for the yearbook. Please contact Ms.Kelleher with any questions related to senior portraits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are given passes from their advisors to attend the photo session. Students should seek information from their advisor regarding the time and place for the photo session.
Senior’s Baby Pictures
Every year, Valley Central’s seniors are honored in the yearbook with baby pictures submitted by their loved ones to remember where they have come from along with words of love and encouragement to send them off on their journey to adulthood. Each student can receive up to three ads in the yearbook. Each ad includes a photo of your choice and a message of 20 words or less. Payment will be by PayPal (you will receive the link with the submission receipt).
This opportunity is announced in school, on the website and on our Facebook page.
Seniors and their Siblings
Advertising in the Yearbook
Advertising your company in the Valley Central High School yearbook is an excellent way to attract new clientele. Conveniently placed in the index, anyone searching for a student’s photo will also spot your ad. Use the Google Form to submit your ad. We appreciate your contribution to VC tradition.