About the Committee
The Board of Education of the Valley Central School District has established an audit committee (“Audit Committee”) to provide independent assistance to the Board in the oversight of the following matters:
- Assist the Board in providing oversight of the internal and external audit functions, including the appointment of the internal and external auditors.
- Oversee the competitive Request for Proposal Process (RFP) used to solicit quotations for the District’s annual external audit.
- Review the scope, plan, and coordination of the external audit.
- Review corrective action plans and necessary improvement based on audit findings and recommendations received from external and internal auditors.
- Provide a communications link between the external and internal auditors and the Board.
All meetings will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the Administration Building unless otherwise specified.
2019-2020 Meeting Schedule
October 7, 2019
October 15, 2019
October 28, 2019
November 12, 2019
January 13, 2020
April 20, 2020
May 11, 2020