Valley Central High School Athletic Hall of Fame
Valley Central’s Athletic Hall of Fame recognizes the accomplishments of our athletes, teams, and coaches throughout our history.
Any staff member, coach, alumni, or community member can nominate a former athlete or contributor to the athletic program.
Up to six individuals and one team may be selected to be included in the Hall of Fame each year.
How to nominate someone to be included in the Hall of Fame
- Any former athlete who has graduated from Valley Central for at least 10 years can be nominated.
- Any past team can be nominated, as long as it has been 10 years after the team participated.
- Any former staff member who has retired for a period of 5 years can be nominated.
How long is a nomination considered active?
- Any individual who is not selected in the year they are nominated remains on the ballot for a period of at least 5 years for future consideration.
Who selects the VC Hall of Fame Inductees each year?
- Who votes in the nomination process?
- Valley Central Hall of Fame Committee members who have attended a minimum of half the Hall of Fame committee meetings.
- Who can join the VC Athletic Hall of Fame Committee?
- Any Valley Central alumni or athletic supporter. The committee will be made up of 12-15 members.
Please email your nomination to the Athletic Director. Please note “Athletic Hall of Fame – Nomination” in the subject line. Nominations are due by July 1st. An individual athlete, coach, administrator, or team may be nominated.
Please include in your nomination the following information:
- Name of nominee
- Nominee’s graduating year
- Athletic teams the nominee was a member
- Address of nominee
- Phone Number of the nominee
- Email address of the nominee
- Name of nominating person
- Email of nominating person
- Phone Number of nominating person
- Role of the nominating person: Staff, Coach, Parent, Community Member, Other
Please elaborate on why you believe this nominee should be inducted. Feel free to write about accomplishments, contributions, or any other facet of their athletic career at Valley Central or beyond.
Please contact us at the Valley Central Athletic Office if you have additional questions.
You may submit a paper nomination by mail if you prefer. Please mail it to:
Valley Central Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee
c/o Richard Steger, Director of Athletics
Valley Central School District
1175 Route 17K
Montgomery, NY 12549