Rehearsal: June 24, 2022
Commencement: June 25, 2022
Graduation Dress Code
We are extremely proud of our Valley Central Graduation Ceremony. It is a formal event steeped in tradition and is regarded as one of the most beautiful high school commencements in the state of New York. In an effort to keep you informed and give you enough notice to find the necessary components; we have listed below the dress code regulations that are required of each student.
Proper dress for Graduates at commencement:
1. Wear black or navy pants No khakis or blue jeans!
2. Only white collared button down shirts.
3. All must have and wear a dark tie (no bow ties).
4. Black shoes and dark socks (no boat shoes or sneakers).
5. Hair is to be trimmed, so as to easily accommodate the cap.
6. No jewelry other than watches, rings and stud earrings. (No hoops, necklaces or dangly jewelry.) Any facial jewelry must be either removed, nude or clear in color. Hoops or anything that dangles is prohibited.
1. Solid black or navy closed toed shoes (No sandals). Beware: Narrow heels will sink in the grass.
2. Girls must wear a semi-formal attire; dress pants, dress, or skirt (No jeans, shorts, or cut-offs)
3. No jewelry other than watches, rings and stud earrings. (No hoops, ankle bracelets, necklaces or dangly jewelry). Any facial jewelry must be either removed, nude or clear in color. Hoops or anything that dangles is prohibited.
4. Hair must be such as to easily accommodate the cap.
5. The neckline of the dress should not show above the collar of the gown.
6. No corsages…pin-on or wrist.
7. Hemlines should not exceed that of the gown.
*If these rules are not followed you will be sent home to change or will not be allowed to walk.*
In order to graduate from Valley Central High School students must successfully complete specific requirements. These requirements are outlined in the student programming booklet “Course Description Booklet” available to all students. GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Selection of Valedictorian and Salutatorian
The Valedictorian/Salutatorian of the graduating class will be selected by tabulating the WEIGHTED grades of all prospective graduates up to and including the second quarter of the 12th grade. Eleventh-grade students who receive permission to accelerate to graduate a year early will be considered eligible for all senior awards, accolades, and consideration as Valedictorian/Salutatorian. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian are expected to actively participate in the commencement ceremony. For further information refer to Board Policy #4741.
Past Graduation Livestreams