The outdoor graduation ceremony will take place on the Saturday of the last week of school beginning at 6 p.m., weather permitting.
In case of inclement weather, the ceremony may be held Saturday morning outside OR inside the gymnasium in the evening. ONLY those guests with OFFICIAL SCHOOL GRADUATION TICKETS will be allowed to enter ANY indoor ceremony. Once the decision has been made, typically by 5 p.m., to hold the ceremony inside or outside, the decision is final!
Seniors must attend all rehearsals and must be on time. Failure to attend a rehearsal will result in automatic exclusion from the commencement exercises.
Graduation fee includes the cost of cap, gown and tassel. Total cost is appropriately $30 which is paid when you pick up your cap and gown. If paying cash, you must have exact change or checks payable to Valley Central High School.
ALL OBLIGATIONS (scholastic and financial) must be satisfied in order for seniors to participate in the commencement ceremony. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE RETURNED ALL BOOKS TO TEACHERS AND THE LIBRARY.
- Black shoes and dark socks. NO SNEAKERS
- ONLY WHITE shirt (no other color)
- Wear black or navy trousers (no khakis, blue jeans, dungarees)
- All must have and wear a dark tie (no bow ties)
- Hair to be trimmed and well-groomed as to easily accommodate the cap
- No jewelry other than watches and rings.
- NO FACIAL JEWELRY!
- Black or navy blue pumps closed in shoes (no sandals or sling backs)
- Girls must wear dress or shirt, (no cut-offs, shorts, etc.)
- No jewelry other than watches and rings. NO FACIAL JEWELRY!
- No hoop earrings, ankle bracelets or necklaces
- Hair must be such as to easily accommodate the cap
- The neckline of the dress should not show above that of the gown
- No pins or corsages
NO CELL PHONES
In order to graduate from Valley Central High School students must successfully complete specific requirements. These requirements are outlined in the student programming booklet “Course Description Booklet” available to all students.
Selection of Valedictorian and Salutatorian
The Valedictorian/Salutatorian of the graduating class will be selected by tabulating the WEIGHTED grades of all prospective graduates up to and including the second quarter of the 12th grade. Eleventh grade students who receive permission to accelerate to graduate a year early will be considered eligible for all senior awards, accolades and consideration as Valedictorian/Salutatorian. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian are expected to actively participate in the commencement ceremony. For further information refer to Board Policy #4741.