Celebration Lane at the High School
June 21st, 2021-3:30pm to 8:30pm
- All Seniors are asked to bring their school Chromebook with them to hand in.
Caps and gowns will be distributed during the Celebration Lane event.
- If you did not purchase your cap and gown online please bring $35.00 in cash or check to purchase your cap and gown at the event.
- Please enter through the MS entrance and follow all traffic patterns. We will try our best to keep the traffic flowing, but we ask for your understanding as we move cars along the Celebration Lane.
- Students are encouraged to have someone drive them so they can enjoy the event and be safe.
- Students are allowed to come with friends, if they choose.
3:30pm to 4:45pm: A-D
4:45pm to 6:00pm: E-L
6:00pm to 7:15pm: M-R
7:15pm to 8:30pm: S-Z
Friday, June 25th, 2021
10:00 AM Graduation Ceremony: Practice is 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
1:00 PM Graduation Ceremony: Practice is 12:00 PM- 3:30 PM
All Night Grad Celebration
June 25, 2021 11:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Following Graduation Rehearsals
- Our All Night Grad party is planned for Friday, June 25th from 11:30 am – 6:00 pm to accommodate both groups of graduates
- The first graduation rehearsal will end at approximately 11:30 am with food beginning at 12:00 pm
- Our theme is “Backyard BBQ” – it will be on the back lawn behind the middle school
- There will be a tent, tables, food trucks, DJ, photo booth, backyard games, snacks and a few surprises!
- Each student will sign in and upon signing in will receive a punch card for each food truck
- There will be other unlimited snacks throughout the event also
- This is an event for Class of 2021 graduates ONLY
Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremonies
Saturday, June 26th, 2021
10:00am and 1:00pm
- Please reach out to Mrs. Beranger in Guidance if you still have not signed up for a session. At this time, our 10:00am is full, but there is room at the 1:00pm session. Her email is email@example.com. Please include the graduate’s height and names of 2 guests, if applicable.
- Handicap seating will be available.
- We realize students and families have requested additional guests. Please know we will do everything we can to allow our students to have more guests, but right now the Dept. of Health guidance does not allow for this. We will contact you immediately if the situation changes.
- Students will be told what time they should arrive for their ceremony on the day of practice.
Graduation Dress Code
We are extremely proud of our Valley Central Graduation Ceremony. It is a formal event steeped in tradition and is regarded as one of the most beautiful high school commencements in the state of New York. In an effort to keep you informed and give you enough notice to find the necessary components; we have listed below the dress code regulations that are required of each student.
Proper dress for Graduates at commencement:
1. Wear black or navy pants No khakis or blue jeans!
2. Only white collared button down shirts.
3. All must have and wear a dark tie (no bow ties).
4. Black shoes and dark socks (no boat shoes or sneakers).
5. Hair is to be trimmed, so as to easily accommodate the cap.
6. No jewelry other than watches, rings and stud earrings. (No hoops, necklaces or dangly jewelry.) Any facial jewelry must be either removed, nude or clear in color. Hoops or anything that dangles is prohibited.
1. Solid black or navy closed toed shoes (No sandals). Beware: Narrow heels will sink in the grass.
2. Girls must wear a semi-formal attire; dress pants, dress, or skirt (No jeans, shorts, or cut-offs)
3. No jewelry other than watches, rings and stud earrings. (No hoops, ankle bracelets, necklaces or dangly jewelry). Any facial jewelry must be either removed, nude or clear in color. Hoops or anything that dangles is prohibited.
4. Hair must be such as to easily accommodate the cap.
5. The neckline of the dress should not show above the collar of the gown.
6. No corsages…pin-on or wrist.
7. Hemlines should not exceed that of the gown.
*If these rules are not followed you will be sent home to change or will not be allowed to walk.*
In order to graduate from Valley Central High School students must successfully complete specific requirements. These requirements are outlined in the student programming booklet “Course Description Booklet” available to all students. GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Selection of Valedictorian and Salutatorian
The Valedictorian/Salutatorian of the graduating class will be selected by tabulating the WEIGHTED grades of all prospective graduates up to and including the second quarter of the 12th grade. Eleventh-grade students who receive permission to accelerate to graduate a year early will be considered eligible for all senior awards, accolades, and consideration as Valedictorian/Salutatorian. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian are expected to actively participate in the commencement ceremony. For further information refer to Board Policy #4741.
Past Graduation Livestreams
(May 30, 2021)It is with great pleasure that we announce our plans for the Commencement Ceremony for the Class of 2021. The following details are based on the most recent COVID 19 restrictions for schools, set forth by New York State and the Orange County Department of Health. Please note, if we receive revised guidance that would allow us to hold a more traditional VC ceremony, we will reach out immediately.
Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremony
The Class of 2021 Commencement will be broken into two ceremonies on Saturday, June 26, 2021 on our Football field. The first ceremony will be at 10:00 AM and the second will follow at 1:00 PM. Each ceremony will include approximately 180 students. Each student will be permitted to invite 2 guests. The number of guests allotted for each student will be changed accordingly if guidelines permit.
We realize the importance of students wanting to graduate alongside their friends and classmates. Students were afforded an opportunity to request which session they wanted to attend the first week of June.
June Class of 2021 Events
Below you will find a timeline of events we will have in the coming weeks for the Class of 2021. It is extremely important that you read everything thoroughly and arrive at these events on time. In addition, we have included information regarding dress code and the mandatory Graduation rehearsal on Friday, June 25, 2021. Times for rehearsal are listed below. We will have two separate rehearsals for each ceremony, and it is mandatory that each senior participate in this rehearsal. We ask for your cooperation in seeing that your child does not schedule any activity to conflict with this date. In the event your child requires a special request, please fill out the following survey Graduation Special Request Form.
We are looking forward to celebrating all the graduates of the Class of 2021. Thank you in advance for your cooperation with these details, and we will update you accordingly on any changes. On behalf of the entire faculty and staff of Valley Central High School, we are looking forward to seeing you on June 26.
Important Dates for the Class of 2021
June 7, 2021- Math Honor Society Induction-7:00pm
June 9, 2021- Virtual Moving Up Day
June 11, 2021- NART Sidewalk Chalk Festival-During School Day
June 11 and 12, 2021- Yearbook Distribution-4:00pm to 7:00pm and 9:00am to 12:00pm
June 15, 2021- Senior Awards Night-6:30pm on the football field
June 17, 2021-Class of 2021 Top 25 Event-TBD
June 18, 2021- Athletic Awards Night
June 21, 2021-Celebration Lane – 3:30pm to 8:30pm
June 25, 2021- Graduation Rehearsal
- 10:00 AM Ceremony: 8:00am to 11:30am
- 1:00 PM Ceremony: 12:00pm to 3:30pm
June 25, 2021- ANG Celebration
11:30AM – 6:00 PM “Backyard BBQ”
June 26, 2021-Class of 2021 Commencement- 10:00am and 1:00pm