Bus information should arrive to you within two weeks of September 2, 2021. PLEASE BE SURE THAT THE DISTRICT HAS YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS (if you moved in the last year). You can check your address in Parent Portal.
As long as your child is enrolled in the district, a bus will automatically be assigned, even if they were totally remote for last school year.
Requests for Alternate Pick Up/Drop Off During School Year
Requests for Transportation to a Private School
Pursuant to Section 3635(1), all requests for special transportation are due to the District Office by April 1st of the previous year or within 30 days of moving into the district.
For Non-Public Transportation, proof of address must accompany the request for transportation each year.
Valley Central will provide transportation for pupils enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 8 who live more than two miles from the school they attend and pupils enrolled in grades 9-12 who live more than three miles from the school they attend up to a distance of 15 miles.
DO NOT USE THIS FORM IF YOUR CHILD ATTENDS VALLEY CENTRAL SCHOOLS. USE THE FORM FOR ALTERNATE PICK UP/DROP OFF.
Failure to submit this form by April 1st of the previous year or within 30 days of moving into the district may result in the loss of your transportation privileges.
VCSD Transportation Policies and Procedures
It is important for the Valley Central School District to know the whereabouts of every child within our care, therefore, students will only be permitted on the bus they are assigned unless they have a bus pass that can be obtained from their school’s main office.
The pickup and drop-off times allow for a ten (10) minute window. Students should be outside waiting for the arrival of the bus at least five (5) minutes prior to their scheduled time. Students should not be waiting inside their homes. No driver, under any circumstances, is allowed to blow horns or wait.
- Parents or guardians must be at the stop waiting for the arrival of Kindergarten through 2nd Grade and Special Needs students. If a parent is not present, students will be brought back to their school. If a parent or guardian is not planning to be present to receive their child, the Transportation Department must be notified with the name of the authorized person who will receive the child.
- Only the Valley Central School District has the right to add or change bus stops. Bus drivers are not authorized to do so.
- Please contact the District’s transportation office directly for any transportation questions and concerns at (845) 457-2400 ext 18115. (If you need to reach the bus company outside of the District’s normal business hours, you may contact First Student at (845) 895-2463.)
- No one is permitted to “run down” a bus. If your child misses the bus at their stop, they may not board the bus at a different stop.
- Students are expected to display safe and positive behavior at all times while on the bus.
- Riding the school bus is a privilege, not a right.