DATA PRIVACY and ED LAW 2-D
New York State Education Law gives you the right to information about how the Valley Central School District is safeguarding student and staff data.
Educator Evaluation Plan
Under NYS law, school districts are required to conduct an Educator Evaluation (formerly known as APPR) for each teacher and principal.
The State Education Department-approved VC Plan can be found at the link below:
Parent Portal allows you access to your student’s profile via the internet anytime, anywhere. The family-oriented design enables you to view all of your student’s information with one log-in regardless of grade or school assignment. Parent Portal is a highly secure, internet-based application through which you are able to view district-permitted details of your student’s academic records. Find more information about Parent Portal here.
Grades 3-8 Testing
Each spring, the New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics Tests are administered to students.
The assessments are designed to:
- Focus on the New York State learning standards, which guide classroom instruction
- Measure important real-world skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and writing
- Require students to explain their answers and describe and defend their reasoning
Your child’s test results:
- Serve as an ‘academic checkup’ to make sure your child is on track for the next grade level
- Measure progress over time so you can see your child’s year-to-year performance
- Provide a deeper level of information by pinpointing what skills your child has mastered and what skills your child is still developing