Health Services



Valley Central’s Registered Nurses help keep students healthy and serve as an important resource in our schools. 

Covid Health Protocols

Find Covid Health Protocols on this page.

Immunization Requirements

NYS Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance

Emergency Forms

Please print from the following PDF’s.  If unable to access the form(s), please contact your school’s nurse (Contact information on right). 

Asthma Emergency Health Care Plan Form

Seizure Emergency Care Plan

Bee Sting Allergy Emergency Care Plan Form

Food Allergy Emergency Care Plan Form

Medication Permission Form/Attestation Form

Medication Administration in School

Medication may be administered to a student during school hours with the proper written documentation.  Forms may be obtained from the school nurse.
The medication, in its original labeled container with the student’s name, date, route, dose, and name of the medication,  along with the above documents, should be brought to the health office by the parent(s), guardian(s), or designated adult. 

Generally, students are not permitted to carry medication to school.  However, if your child needs to self-carry emergency medication, documentation is still required. A note from your health care provider must also state that the child is allowed to use and carry his/her medication independently. 

No Smoking

Board of Education Policy recognizes the health hazards associated with smoking and therefore, prohibits smoking or use of tobacco-related products and e-cigarettes or vaping devices by anyone anywhere on school grounds, in school buildings, or at school-sponsored activities including any off-premise events.

Physical Examinations

Physical examinations are required for all new entrants, which include: Pre-K, and/or Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th graders.   We urge you to have the physical completed by your child’s own medical provider.  Physical exams can or will be done by the school doctor or nurse practitioner while the child is in school if requested or if a physical form is not on file with the health office. 

Sports Physicals

Valley Central School District uses FamilyID to sign up for sports, including physicals requirement information. 
Registration for all sports is available here on Family ID.

Concussions and SCA

Concussions and Sudden Cardiac Arrest are serious health concerns for everyone. Learn more about VCSD Sports Health Concerns here

Sunscreen Use 

The District, in accordance with guidance from NYSED, has developed a procedure for student use of sunscreen.  Please contact your school nurse for the required form which must be completed annually and filed with the school health office at a child’s school 

Mental Health and Wellness

Links to Mental Health and Wellness are here.

The Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Line

This is a toll-free confidential helpline to support people in need of mental health counseling. When people call or text 988, they will be connected to trained counselors within the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network. 

988 offers 24/7 access to trained crisis counselors who can help people experiencing mental health-related distress. That could be: Thoughts of suicide, mental health or substance use crisis, or any other kind of emotional distress. Anyone can call or text 988 or start a chat at for themselves or if they are worried about a loved one who may need crisis support. 988 serves as a universal entry point so that no matter where you live you can reach a trained crisis counselor who can help.


New York State Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-342-3720

If you believe a child is being abused or maltreated, you can help by making a call to the New York State Child Abuse Hotline. The hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. If you suspect a child is in immediate danger, call 911.